New Lighting Primer and Gear Guide for Lighting 101 & 201Sep 10, 2021
Since we filmed Lighting 101 & 201, the gear we use for flash photography has changed quite a bit. It's to be expected, and it's a good thing. Technology typically moves forward in an attempt to make our lives easier.
To keep our content up-to-date, we created a new Lighting Primer Guide for Lighting 101 & Lighting 201 to address these changes. In 8 new information-packed videos, we cover gear updates and share an evolution of some of the frameworks we used previously for flash photography.
Here's a breakdown of the new content:
- Lighting Primer Guide: The primer explains the methodology behind the Flash Photography Training System and adds clarity to the process of learning to shoot with flash.
- Legacy Tech: We share an overview of what has changed over the last 10 years and compare legacy to modern tech (e.g., manual flash vs. full-feature flash).
- Two Flash Setups: Pye shares his favorite setups and discusses the necessary budgets for various levels of gear.
- Flash Basics: We break down various brands & sizes of flash units and consider their usability.
- Modifiers: Pye shares his favorite modifiers for on and off-camera.
- Setups: You'll see which lighting setups Pye uses for various types of shoots.
- Radio Guide: While radios are more often built in to the flashes now, the technology is mostly the same. This guide reviews how to use the radio feature in your flash units.
- C.A.M.P. Framework: If you've followed SLR Lounge for some time, you're likely aware of the C.A.M.P. Framework. Following these steps can significantly simplify how we approach, light, and capture a scene.
**The content is the same in both courses and has been duplicated for Non-Premium Members who purchased the individual workshops.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.